3.31.2009

I am tired of knitting soap sacks....



Can I say how much I am tired of knitting these little things. They are easy, but monotonous. And I hate to seam, and each one has to be seamed up each side. And I don't crochet, so mom has to make the ties for me or I have to dig out the lucet to do them myself. I did these 20 last week, got almost 30 more ready to seam. That just leaves me 120 more to make for the year.

These little guys used to be made by J, but not anymore. So mom and I took them back over. So now they are knit instead of crochet, and square rather than round. But I like them better. They are lighter and will dry out faster, and can hold more soap as well. They also look a lot like the soap sacks my Nana made when I first started making soap before she passed. So I really like the throwback, retro, look and feel of the square sacks, they make me think of my Nana...

No comments: