3.26.2009

The New Plan, Update #3

Three days of exercise complete- 17 left in the 4 week regimen.

Let's see here...

1) After two days of walking outside and actually trying to run for the first time since high school- I have shin splints. A little time in the hot tub yesterday helped, but flexing my feet still hurts, and walking downhill hurts more than uphill. So I need to ride the stationary bike for the next few days and I hope that I can at least go back to walking next week- I may have to wait on running for a while...

2) I bought 5 lb weights. I broke a sweat just carrying them from the back of the WalMart to the checkout. But I felt the exercises so much more. And my little 1 pound weights will not go unused- I need them for jumping jacks and I can always add them to my ankles later when I get in better shape.

3) Yesterday I hurt- my legs actually sort of convulsed while I laid in bed trying to go to sleep. My abs were killing me. But today I woke up and am just the tiniest bit sore. I think the 15 minutes in the hot tub helped. I think I need to stretch more... need to add yoga back into the routine...

So yesterday I...
walked for 20 minutes
did 25 jumping jacks with added weights
20 lateral raises
40 front raises
20 shoulder presses

My shoulders snapped, crackled, and popped like crazy, but my arms don't hurt today. I did have to do reps in sets of 10, I needed a short break.

On to day 4

No comments: