3.25.2009

The New Plan, Update #2

Tuesday was targeting my arms and chest. I have learned that I am very weak in my upper body. And that I really do need to buy some 5 lb weights to get the most out of this workout...

I have also learned the exact position of some muscles I didn't know I had. I am starting to feel some of the ab work from Monday, and some of the leg work from yesterday. I did like the fact that I got outside in the fresh air. I tried to run, but that didn't work, I made it about a block before I was gasping for air. I am sure that is a combination of not being in shape, not knowing proper running/breathing techniques, and some lung stuff left over from last year's bad cold. But next time I will try and make it two blocks before gasping. And I never did stop, I just walked it off until I could manage, so I am glad that I didn't have to sit and relax in order to recuperate.

Tuesday's workout:
20 min cardio (a brisk walk outside)
20 bent knee push ups (I needed to do 5 at a time, with a break in between, but I did them)
20 chest presses (my 1 lb weights are not enough for this)
20 chair dips (these are hard because I don't have a good chair for this...)
40 bicep curls (need heavier weights for this too)

Wednesday (today) targets the back and shoulders. Guess I will run out today and buy a few weights.

No comments: