3.24.2009

The new plan.. update #1

So I did the workout. 20 minutes of step on the wii- I really need to learn the routine, I have these sections where my feet just don't keep up to my head....

I did the squats on the wii too (actually 30, because it reps in 15 of them). I liked the fact that it tries to show you how you should be keeping proper balance during the exercise.

Lunges were also on the wii. I have done them different ways before, but I still feel like this is a good way to start, I may need to explore different ways to do the same exercise later, just to keep things interesting.

Dead Lifts- OK, I admit it, I really do need to buy some 5 lb weights. My little 1 pounders didn't make a difference. I would have done better holding soup cans in my hands...

40 crunches- I did these on the wii, but they have you do a jackknife instead. I need to do the crunches, because the jackknife doesn't seem to do enough ab for me, and then I go onto the next exercise and feel like I am working the same muscles.

40 reverse curls- I needed a wall for these. maybe I will get strong enough not to have my feet on a wall someday. But I really felt the burn, the last ten were very hard to do.

Overall I don't feel so sore that I am uncomfortable. Mostly I feel my abs, when I tighten my ab muscles there is some discomfort but no pain. I feel like I can do the exercises today without injury or making myself uncomfortable.

No comments: