3.09.2009

Spanish is getting hard....

So I started Chapter 10- Greetings-

Here is what I don't understand- why is this book set up to teach you 40 different ways to say hello. I mean, isn't one good enough when you are starting out? Maybe two? But I have learned ways that C says aren't even used often, or at all. I just think my brain space could be used in better ways. I mean, if you were learning English, don't you think that learning one word for couch would be enough to get you started- do you really need to know sofa, settee, love seat, and chaise lounge right off the start??

But I am trusting it, and I am going through the chapters in order, hoping that I will see a master plan come into focus. But I am now officially 1/4 of the way through the courses, and I still just don't get it!

Anyway- Chapter 10 covers introductions, how are you, and good bye. It is a long chapter so I think this is all I'll get done this week..

C gave me the quizes from the book up to the end of Chapter 10. I did pretty well, just a few big hiccups, but I think that if I was being graded I would have gotten at least a B. And it was all oral, seeing and reading the words I would have done even better, I am sure of it!

No comments: