3.24.2009

There is a new yarn shop in town...

Well, It is actually in Bethlehem. I am really excited about going on Thursday when I am in town to visit B. I have had contact with them on Rav already because I am looking for a particular object to put in a swap box, but Kraemer didn't have it when I went up for sock yarn last week. I still want to try and purchase a minimal amount of yarn this year, and I want to try and focus on buying Kraemer yarns because they are locally made, so that means there won't be a ton of yarn for me to buy this year, but I do hope they have a better selection of tools and accessories than any of the other local yarn stores. I certainly can buy lots of needles and other things for swaps.

I am also thinking of joining a biweekly group/class. Maybe a little more community would be good for me... but then I look at all the other things I am already involved in and I wonder if adding one more thing is good for me. I mean when I am home alone, I won't want to go so I can get things done, and when I am not alone at night, I won't want to go because I will want to spend as much time with C as possible... well I think I answered that for myself...

Speaking of yarn purchases, I made a large one the other day for the afghan project. I needed a lighter brown for some squares, and black for the joining strips. I didn't plan on buying more than two skeins of brown, but they only had three left, so I got all three, and I got two skeins of the black as well. But that means I have enough of the dark brown for at least three more squares (April, May & June), and enough light brown for 7 or so of the moss stitch squares, and enough black for quite a bit of the joining strips...If my calculations are right I will need two more skeins of each color to finish (dark brown, light brown, and black)... but maybe less if I am lucky...

I also got the pieces to a birthday present finished. I just need to block all the parts and put them together. I also started on another hat for charity. It is as cute as a button! I am enjoying using these little hats to learn something new- last night it was a picot edge cast on...

Well that is all my knitting adventure for this week:) Knit on!

No comments: