3.09.2009

Soon to be Sock Knitting


I don't know if I can say enough about Ravelry. I really spend too much time there every day. It is a site that I wish the soaping community had (I know they have boards- but I want a community like this....)I have made great friends from all over the world, I have started knitting some things that I never would have done on my own. The Knit-a-Longs (where we knit the same or similar things) get me to try things I wouldn't try on my own. I tried broomstake lace- EPIC FAIL!! But I hope that my toe up socks on two circular needles come along better. I haven't cast on yet, hope to by the end of this week and the pattern isn't too hard so once I get the hang of the technique I should be able to move along fairly quickly.

The yarn seen here was dyed by hand by one of my new friends from Sweden. Isn't that just the coolest???

No comments: