3.25.2009

Chapter 12

I am really excited that I am getting to the end of the first of three audio CD's that go with my Spanish lessons. I am almost 1/3 of the way done! I took some time last week to continue practicing Chapter 10 along with going on to Chapter 11. I am really glad that I did that. It gave me much more time to grasp the longer, harder chapters. Chapter 12 is pretty long too, and sort of repetitive, which is my pet peeve with this book. After I learn what feels like 20 ways to tell someone (in Spanish) that I don't speak Spanish... the book moves on to some important phrases- like "please speak more slowly", and "can you rephrase that?", along with "please write that down for me" and "I comprehend you but I don't speak Spanish well". The chapter finishes up with ways to say excuse me and thank you.

I really do see my skills building. I certainly have trouble understanding when it is spoken quickly but I am reading Spanish much better and I am getting more confident with my pronunciation as well. When I am near someone speaking Spanish I try and listen in and pick put what I can understand. It is all out of context, so it is difficult for me to piece it all together, but that will come with time and practice I am sure...

No comments: