3.19.2009

Starting some new projects

I have gotten interested in making some new things for the business...

A friend asked me to develop wool wash- and I am working on both a solid and liquid version of that. For those of you wondering- wool wash is used to wash fine (typically hand knit) wool clothing. It contains a lot of lanolin, which is naturally found in wool)

My step-dad has asked for a after shave serum, so I am playing around with that- and it should also help another customer looking to add a moisturizer into her daily routine as well. The one he uses now is nice, but full of chemicals, I think I can make a simpler version with a lot less junk in it.

I made a special order of soap for one company, and am waiting on ingredients to make another for a good friend. Once cured, the gardener's soap will head off to Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, and the other soap is made with kelp and seaweed extract- great for the face.

I also am working on lotion bars in a different form than the sticks I currently sell. They will be in reusable, recyclable tins.

I also have to choose the new fragrances for 2009 and get them into production. Any ideas? Leave me a comment...please...

And finally, I am trying to decide if I want to look farther into making air fresheners or not. What do you think? I have two options, one is a translucent plastic, and the other is paper like the old fashioned pine trees for your car.

But all of this is getting my creative juices flowing. I can't wait for the UPS man to arrive with my supplies and I can't wait to get the every day grind of production done so I can dive in and play and research.

No comments: