8.27.2012

August 20-26, 2012

Just trying to catch up on everything: emails, bills, phone calls, orders, soap, fizzys, lotions, you name it. I started out the week with two full pages (college ruled), two columns each of things to do. Now I start this week with one column on only one page.

The week was a blur. We made soap almost every day and I I got one wedding out the door and another started, almost half way done. I acquired one new wholesale account and one that I am making some test soaps for because they want a specific sized bar.

Orders, lots of orders have been rolling through and for that I am eternally grateful. It is really nice to start the day with a few orders. Dad has been doing really well at the farm markets. We are even looking at adding one more next year.

I already had show applications for next year to do, crikey! I can't believe I have three things for next year already lined up. Amazing how early shows are getting their applications out now. I actually like it because I can really know what is going on in advance and it sure makes planning easier.

I have also been napping almost every day trying to catch up on some of the sleep I didn't get recently. And I have been cooking dinner every night because I can not explain how much I have been missing real food. No time for knitting at night yet and I hope in another week I will be able to get back to having a hobby.

Over the weekend time was spent catching up on the garden. It was like a wild jungle. We pulled out four raised beds, two just were full of weeds, but the others were spaghetti squash, artichokes, and kohlrabi. I was bummed I didn't get to the one artichoke in time to eat it, it went to flower. It was very pretty and I got a few nice pictures. Don't think I will try artichokes again though. Only got one in four plants and they took up a crazy amount of space. We did harvest and cook about 10 lbs of kohlrabi, and made 6 1/2 gallons of tomato sauce. Yes, gallons! And I have plants that are still loaded with tomatoes so there will be another batch in a few weeks. So now I at least think it is manageable. I also had to promise C that I wouldn't try to expand the garden again nest year until I can get a handle on what I have going. It is hard when the peak of the season is my hardest time of year for shows.

OK, it is time for me to try and get some more things done today. I think I have one more hard week of work before I can relax some. Off I go!

No comments: