9.05.2012

August 27-September 2, 201

I think I need to keep a better account of what I have been doing. Each day just seems to go by so fast and I barely have half of what I want to accomplish done each day. It is nuts!

Some big things have been happening: I delivered to a local store, that soon will be suing my soaps as part of a holiday gift idea promotion. I still can't quite spill the beans, but once it all comes together I think many of you will be exited about this newly formed relationship!

I have been working on mini guest sized soaps for a local Bed & Breakfast. I think I have the size perfected. they just need to cure for another week or so and then will need final approval.

Coming soon: crazy cool shaving brushes. The handles are hand turned by another Emmaus artisan. I am super excited about this. I have to get photos up and some last details ironed out, but look for this by the end of the month!

We have been working crazy hard in the workshop this past week. Soap everyday, 5 kinds of air fresheners, two fizzys, and 6 lip balms are all finished. Many still need to be labeled and wrapped, but the list is finally getting shorter. I primarily have soaps for a wedding to finish, lip balms, and sachets to do (plus more soaps). Once I get caught up on having inventory we need to evaluate what I think we will need to get us through the November/December months and then start making all off that. I don't want a repeat of August and be running out of things during big shows.

A few new special orders are on the way, a new lip balm flavor and a new lotion bar scent, maybe two. I should have the final details worked out and info up on the web site for ordering by next week.

Dad has been doing great at the farm markets and we are looking to expand to one, maybe two more next year. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Better yet, suggest us to your favorite farm market, they like to hear from customers too!

Anyway, I have got to get going. Hope to see you this Saturday at VegFest in Bethlehem!

No comments: