8.12.2012

Musikfest Day 7 & 8 & 9

Don't mind me.. I am on auto pilot. What energy isn't used at the 'fest is used to try and keep myself from just being mad at the world.Today that isn't working.

I am tired. I crave a hot sit down meal with a real napkin. I crave a shower that I can sit in without falling asleep. I would like not to have to put on the same dirty shoes each morning (but I only want to ruin one pair in the mud each year). I wish for the opportunity for an afternoon nap.The migraine that started on Day 9 is going strong day 10. This may suck a little today.

Sales on Thursday were OK, nothing crazy but I was still happy. Friday was slower than I expected it to be, almost as slow as the first Friday. But Saturday completely rocked and was the best day of the festival so far. I have surpassed 2011 sales (not too hard given the rain and the flood, but still a milestone to be excited about) and I am on my way to equally or surpassing 2010 (my best year ever). All I need is the weather to hold out a bit and for people to come on down and visit.

I am still amazed how many people each day mention the newspaper article. It is kinda odd, but exciting, and humbling, and amazing all at the same time.

For the first time in many years I have completely sold out of a soap- Himalayan Sea Salt. It is all gone and the ones in the rack may not be ready for next week.  I am getting close on a few others. This means that the entire batch of 200 was sold through within the last few weeks. Just amazing!

OK, I gotta run. I slept late and desperately need a shower and to pack inventory for the last day. Hope to see you soon!

No comments: