8.05.2012

Musikfest Day 2

Lets start with the good...AWESOME day of sales, quite possibly one of my best first Saturday's ever. It was pretty hot out and the day started slow for me, but it really picked up right around 7 pm and was busy through till about 10. I had a flurry of shaving mugs sell, four actually, I think that may be a one day record. Not sure what caused that stir, but it was really cool. Overall it was just a great day meeting new people and seeing others that come and stop by every year.

Now the bad...

Seriously, why is Handwerksplatz looking like an Occupy Bethlehem Camp. There are a few tents with so many tarps and crap strung up that you would swear they were camping rather than selling.

Speaking of camping. I think there is at least one person sleeping there at night, possibly more. First, I think this is in the rules that you can't, but the morning bath in the Monacacy this morning was pretty disgusting even if they are not sleeping there, I don't care if the show isn't open yet.

And what makes some vendors think that they are immune to the Bethlehem open container policies? Glass bottles in cozies are everywhere. Buy a darn mug and put your preferred beverage in an authorized container and be done with it. I don't need to worry about your broken glass getting into my feet (or car tires when I load out).

Hopefully in the next few days once things calm down these things will either quit bugging me because I will just get past caring, or someone will notice and get it cleaned up. Perception is everything and it is important for me to take part in events that have a good, clean, professional look. I know this is a festival (not an art show), but it is still in the heart of historic Bethlehem and should reflect that fact and represent the people and the values of the area. 

Off to pack inventory, and take a long hot shower, and find some coffee. Hope to see you later today!





No comments: