8.18.2012

Philly Folk Fest Day 1

So I was thinking that I was going to be alone all day and then something awesome happened. Rachel, who I only see every year at fest, emailed me and asked me if I would be there and if I would need help. It was a yes to both questions. C wasn't due in till early evening, and I hadn't finished set up with G. So I had a van full of inventory, a booth that was just the tent set up, and just a few hours in the am to get it all ready before the show started.

So I took her up on her offer. He arrived around 8 am and by 10 we were done. Everything out, labeled, signage, everything. I even had time for breakfast. Then she continued to take awesome care of me till the late afternoon. She can sell, and stock and remind me to drink water and eat too. So the day I thought was going to be like hell, ended up being pretty darn pleasant. It was a great way to start the fest.

Sales were good, I only missed my goal by one or two sales, but the rains came in and out so that is not surprising at all. I am actually surprised I did as well as I did. I love this show because I really see the same faces each year and get to have a "fest family". I have watched kids grow up and now they bring in their friends too. It is cool to see the boys, one ashamed to come in with mom, now bringing in their girlfriends to buy them a lip balm or two.

The drive home was brutal and I was so glad I had C behind me the whole way. The rain got hard a few times, and I was super tired. Had to opened the windows a few times for a blast of air to wake me up some. I was in bed by 1 am, and Mona thought 5 am was the prefect playtime. Yikes!

So it is time for me to take a shower, pack some inventory and food, and get out of here for another day of fun and excitement at the fest!

No comments: