8.09.2012

Musikfest Day 6

Almost done and the best days should be ahead of me. The publicity from the paper was overwhelming. I got lots of new people who came out just to try a bar or two, and my dedicated customers came by all day just to tell me they saw me and were glad to say "I've been buying from her for years!". I really enjoyed the fact that the afternoon was slower and I had the chance to get into some deep conversations about what I do and why I do it. Sometimes we talked ingredients (local versus organic advantages), sometimes process (why I hand mill) and sometimes just about life in general being a craftsperson.

There is another blurb about me in the Express Times today. I think I have just about used up my 15 minutes of fame. I think the hubbub will die down a little after the 'fest is over. I was so excited to see today that yesterday and the day before were my two highest web page views since I updated my web site in January. Over 900 people checked me out just because of the article in the paper. I am overjoyed.

As for yesterday, it started out very slow, but as usual the night is the time to sell. It picked up a little later than it has been, about 7:30 but I had a few really good hours, so the day ended up much better than I had thought it would earlier in the evening.

But that is about it. Beckah and Gabe both came to help me out for a while. It was so nice to have the company. I needed to be invigorated with conversation and hilarity. They kept me going while I was at my most tired. Speaking of tired, I slept late today, so I have to get going or I wont get my inventory and food packed up in time to leave. Gotta run, hope to see you soon!

No comments: