8.30.2007

Links of the Week

Well it has been a few weeks since I did my “Links of the Week” post. This is actually one of my favorite posts of my new format. I am hoping that since my crazy schedule has settled down a bit, that I will be able to post for the remainder of the year (except maybe my vacation, I may not have Internet). So here we go…

This one is a painting by a German woman named Daniela Uhlig. The resemblance to my apprentice, K is uncanny. Just give the painting glasses and you’ve got K. So I just had to post this one because of how it sort of shocked me when I came across it.

The next one is Yarn Paradise. I haven’t ordered from them yet (mostly because I have over 30 projects in my stash to do before I order more yarn), but their prices seem very reasonable and they have some very fun yarns. You do have to ship from the UK, but when you are paying $10 for 8 balls of yarn, it could be worth it.

For anyone who loves toe socks I have found the ultimate- toe shoes! Vibram has a “five fingers” model that takes it to a whole new level.. I am asking for a pair of these for Christmas!

And finally, a post for all those Chemistry junkies out there- free journals. Chemistry junkies? I am one of them and many soap makers are. Its odd, I know, but this link excited me and I just had to share.


So have fun buying yarn, and reading up on the chemistry you’ve missed since high school and see you back next week with 4 more links~

1 comment:

Gwyn Hughes said...

I know exactly how you feel!
Too many times I have felt that I haven't achieved anything when I should have got on with it. Even when I know I should do something useful, I will look at other things to do to avoid what I should be doing.
I think I have figured it out, and I am working on a solution, but there is more motivation to find and a long road yet to go.
You are not alone!
Gwyn