8.15.2007

Musikfest Day 10, August 12, 2007

The last day! I am usually tired by now, tired due to lack of sleep, tired of the heat, the dust and grime, the same sandwiches day after day, the contact with people (I am really sort of shy and it takes a lot out of me at shows), the way my life looses balance, but in the years I have done this show I have never been so excited to see it over.

Sales were better than Saturday, but still not as good as my surprising Friday. Overall I did not do as well as I had hoped to (about 20% less than I had hoped), but still better than last year (up just 5%, but still up is good).

K started the day with me and the left to pick up KB. C came and stayed. It was the first time during the show that I wasn’t feeling my best, with my stomach acting up. But that was better than pervious years where It was only a few days into the fest before I stated having problems. I think my moratorium on eating fest food did the trick and allowed me to survive relatively intact. K & K returned in the early evening and we were surprised my B & M as well. It was a regular little party going on in my booth.

I have to apologize to M for not blogging on Friday that he braved the rain to come visit me at my booth during lunch. He made it down dry, stayed during a shower, and left missing the rain. Pretty good for a guy without an umbrella with him. I didn’t forget him or his visit, it is just the days blur together and honestly I just forgot what day he came by!

B & M stayed till the end, watching the fireworks with us, then M got the car and B stayed for a while watching us pack up. K & K both helped us pack as well. It was very orderly because K suggested that rather than unpack the entire car we should make note of what we need for the next show and just leave it all packed, saving us at least a ½ day of work. So we packed slower and more methodically, noting everything that was low on inventory. Once the inventory was packed, we tore down and packed the van. The whole process, only about an hour and a half, making us on our way home about 12:30 am. Even with the idiot factor (the people who load out and just don’t care and block everything, and drive too fast, and generally act like idiots), it was a relatively safe and easy dismantle.

It is usually B who ends her blog entries with a song, but all I can hum is “another one bites the dust”….

No comments: