9.04.2007

August 27-September 3 Week 35

This week I was back to making soap and doing lots of stuff around the house. C took the long weekend off so we started some home improvement projects as well. My dad came in on Sunday so I also got to see him for a few days and although I didn’t get as much as I would have liked to get accomplished actually finished, it was a pretty good week.

Monday: I started cleaning my tent and it was a mess. Once they get wet they need to be dried out as soon as possible or the black algae starts to grow and just turns the tent into a grey gross mess that makes it look so bad and dirty forever. We had to pack it after Folk Fest in the rain and the rain over the next week kept me from having the chance to dry it out any earlier. I called some customers about their orders, made a doctors appointment, got a prescription refilled, called the pest control place so they could come out and tell me how to get rid of my mouse in my house, did laundry, paid bills, made soap, and froze some goat’s milk that I had been given for future use. I picked up C from the airport late at night, but at least the flight was on time so it wasn’t all that bad.

Tuesday: The pest control guy came and gave me an estimate, and don’t you know, I haven’t seen the mouse since he came! I cleaned up some soaps (the soap on a rope need the ropes cleaned from excess sop before packaging) and went to the grocery store, it was my first home cooked meal in weeks. Also did some chores like cleaning the cat pan, taking out the garbage and putting chlorine in the hot tub. I also finished freezing the last of the goat’s milk.

Wednesday: I mailed orders, caught up on the blog, measured out lye and oils for soap and made one match of my dad’s special soap, that I poured too hot- so it volcanoes right out of the mold and onto the floor.

Thursday: C was home and I got some things for the business done in the morning. I blogged, answered e-mails, ordered fragrance, got a application sent out and made two batches of dad’s soap (cleaned up my mess from the day before). C and I went to Ikea for some things, and then tried to find where I could test drive the SMART car I want when it comes out but I got lost and never found the location of the event. We also got paint chips to help us decide what color we want to paint the upstairs rooms.

Friday: In the morning I made a batch of soap, got a money order for my dad so he could pay his speeding ticket, cleaned the cat pan, checked the hot tub, and got soap out of the molds it was in. C and I went and bought paint and then started to paint the ½ bath and the master bedroom.

Saturday: More soap from molds, cut some soap into bars, started making samplers, cleaned molds, and pots. I went to the garden and harvested what will be almost the last of my cucumbers; I may get 6-7 more, but not many. I made a bunch of salads and started some others. And C and I painted more, starting the second coat.

Sunday: I left early in the morning to pick up my dad, C finished cleaning the tent while I was gone. We went to dinner that night and had a great meal with an interesting selection of imported beer as well. Dad and I started going through our DVD collection- we keep a list and keep it in alphabetical order so once a year or so we try and go through and make sure everything is where it belongs and we haven’t missed anything.

No comments: