8.09.2007

Musikfest Day 6 August 8, 2007

It’s officially more than half way over and I can’t explain how happy I am to know that this year. The day was another hot, humid, heat index warning sort of day and there was little movement by anyone- customers or vendors, until after the sun want down. You could tell, people just looked and didn’t want to move too much or touch anything, and they certainly didn’t get my most energetic sales techniques. It was hot, and moving made it worse.

In the morning I read some magazines and tried to finish knitting a wash cloth but my fingers were too sticky to accomplish it. I got up and walked around a few times to fight off my desire to doze off and nap (the hot always makes me want to nap). All the crafters I spoke to agreed that it was officially stupid question day, it was like the heat sucked out everyone’s brains, because not only were we getting some of the most weird and unusual questions, many of us felt stumped at least once ourselves, I mean the answer was at the tip of our tongues but the heat just snatched it away. I couldn’t think of words and terms that I use all the time, it was crazy.

K came in the afternoon and hung till the end. She brought me dinner- the best hot dogs on the plant from Jimmy’s in Easton. Yum! Once it cooled down we knitted and actually sold some soap. It wasn’t a great day for a Wednesday, but it sure could have been worse.

That’s it, they day in a nutshell, boring…

No comments: