8.07.2007

July 30-August 5, Week 31

This week was all about prep for Musikfest, NOT!. I sure wanted this show to be another week away rather than a few days away. But I did my best, tried to eat good, get plenty of rest, and drink water, really just take care of myself before the onslaught of 10 furiously hot days.

Monday I ran CC’s from the weekend’s sales, and did my inventory. I also did my chores, like paying bills. C and I emptied my van filled with inventory so K and I could go to Ikea for the day and pick up some new cabinets for my workshop. When we got back we reloaded the van with inventory and displays. I started to clean off my desk, which means wading through my list of things to do and actually doing them. I also froze some green peppers and some eggplants to use later in the year.

Tuesday: I caught up on my blog- only 4 posts behind. Did chores (cat pan, dishes, cleaning the fridge, garbage, laundry, hot tub maintenance, etc). I went to a meeting in the morning with Stone Soup Studios and they are going to be carrying my most popular fragrances right after Musikfest is over and in the afternoon I went to the Mayfair meeting which I blogged about in a separate post. I also went to the post office, bank and Home Depot to get paint and supplies. Oh and I wrapped some Soap on a Rope too…

Wednesday: Blogged, did laundry, K came and we emptied my workshop, painted the walls primer grey and he first coat of my floor beige. After she left I went to the grocery store to get food for the festival. That night I made Taziki (spelled wrong maybe) and some pickles. I also tried to clean up the kitchen the best I could.

Thursday: K and I set up for Musikfest. I also did laundry and went to that darn Post office again. That night I had been invited to a Sewing Circle by my friend Sue so I went and had a great time. I knitted, Sue made some jewelry and the rest of the ladies bottled handcrafted beer and wine. It was fun to see and learn about the process. It was also a nice way to feel normal and human pre-Musikfest.

Friday: The morning before the show was busy. I blogged, cleaned the fridge, brought out the garbage, cleaned the cat pan, packed the van, folded flyers, packed my lunch, and filled and order. I also made a point to cross the street and buy some lemonade from the kids with the lemonade stand. I guess being a crafter gives me a soft spot for the entrepreneurial spirit. I stopped by Stone Soup to pick up some flyers to hand out at the show and then went and set up and did the show.

Saturday: Before the show I blogged, mailed another order, did inventory, ran credit cards, packed my lunch, packed the van, printed and folded flyers, gardened, and started making refrigerator super sweet pickles.

Sunday pre show I did a lot of the same things I did on Saturday: blogged, packed the van, packed lunch, printed and folded flyers, did inventory, ran credit cards, worked on those pickles more and made some marinated cucumber and tomato salad.

No comments: