8.06.2007

Musikfest Day 3 August 5 2007

Up until the time it rained it was a pretty good day. I think sales for Sunday would have surpassed Saturday if the rain hadn’t started about 9. Most of the other crafters were gone by 10 pm and honestly, I was in my car by 10:15 and on my way home. The weather was warm but it seemed much less humid than the day before. The rains weren’t too heavy and at least they weren’t accompanied by thunder, lightening, wind, or hail.

Overall the show is pretty quiet. I have had a lot of repeat customers, who I love dearly. I think I understand how actors and other performers can be so hooked on the love and adoration of their fans, some of the things people say about my products really does just make me blush sometimes. C just laughs and my step dad thinks I put something other than soap in my soap because sometimes he thinks my mom is addicted to it.

K came and hung out with me until C surprised me and showed up and hung with me till the end of the show. It was so nice to have the company and the ability to walk around a little, visit a little and honestly, just be able to pee when I need to. I haven’t seen as many volunteers in the craft area as there has been in year’s past. Today was the first time someone came to see if I needed a break or anything and it has always seemed like that happened much more frequently.

I read a few magazines in the morning and got a washcloth knit in the afternoon. The abbreviated evening went by fast. It didn’t seem too crowded though, still an easy commute to and from the bathroom. I wonder how much that has to do with the fact that the big food vendor from previous years has left, taking their long lines with them, opening up the walkway for people to walk, rather than get stuck in a bottle neck caused by a line for food. I’m sure it is some of the reason it’s easier to get through.

No comments: