8.03.2007

Musikfest- Day 0 Set Up

K got to the house around 9 am, we packed the last few things we needed (so we thought) and headed over to set up. Once we arrived, I realized that the TOP of the tent was still sitting in my shed, so off we went to pick it up and then drive back to try the set up again. I don’t know what I did to make them mad, but my nice cool spot in the shade where none of my product melts is two spaces over, and I am in the hot, hot sun. with crappy, “I can’t be in my booth barefoot” grass, I can say that I am not a happy camper and I really hope that I don’t end up having to put lip balms and lotion bars in a cooler to keep them at an acceptable temperature.

We set up the tent and then took a break, wading ankle deep in the cool creek nearby. Once we finished getting unloaded I decided that was enough for the day, I’ll put out product the next day, no reason to suffer. We swung over to the Banana Factory so K could pick up her volunteer T-shirt and watch the video they show the volunteers, but she squeaked out without the video.

Lunch was at Balasia, a vegetarian restaurant in Emmaus. The food is beyond excellent, and we ate till we were full and still had dessert. The desserts are from a local place that makes some of the best desserts I have ever had, plus they are totally vegan. It was a great way to cap off a hot day of work and a great last supper (ok lunch) before a few weeks of only eating sandwiches for lunch and dinner.

No comments: