8.27.2007

August 13-19, 2007 Week 33

Although tired and worn out from Musikfest I had to push through and get ready for the Philly Folk Festival. I would say that these 17 days- from set up of Musikfest to the tear down of Folk Fest are my hardest of the year. The weather is hot and physically draining the hours are long and emotionally draining and I feel as though everything goes completely out of balance and takes me weeks to recover from. After watching the ‘EMPTY” sticker go up on box after box of inventory, I am already stressing about what I need to make, what I need to buy, and how much time I do or do not have to get it done in.

Monday: I ran the last of my credit cards, paid bills, blogged the last day of Musikfest, harvested from the garden, made a bunch of salads from my harvest, and met with B for our bimonthly meeting of the minds. It won’t be for another month till we meet so my list of things to do is long and I can only hope I find the time to get things done before she comes back from vacation and grills me.

Tuesday: I did lots of chores: Put chlorine in the hot tub, took out the garbage, did my inventory for the show, did laundry, changed the sheets on the bed, went and got cat food, went to the bank, did dishes, packed the van with what I need for Folk Fest, finished making some salads, and talked to a woman about a show that I cannot attend because I am already booked for the weekend. ~ OK so that’s my pet peeve for the week- the fact that 1) if you have picked up my business card, then go to my web site, check my events page, and see if I have a show listed before you call me, and 2) don’t you think your event will get better crafters if you don’t call us all last minute? I mean those of us that are the most serious plan months, if not a year ahead of time.

Wednesday: I finished packing the last of the things into the van, K came over, and we left to set up Folk Fest. I picked up another K and the girls camped that night. (Better them than me). I got home and tried to relax a little. It was a hot day and although set up went fast, it was exhausting.

Thursday: I printed and folded hundreds of flyers, printed labels and put them on my small soap bags, delivered my order to Stone Soup Studios, filled an order to be mailed out, and imputed the mailing list additions from Musikfest.

Friday: I got up, packed my lunch, packed the van, and went to Folk Fest.

Saturday: I did inventory and ran the credit cards in the morning, printed and cut more labels for soap bags, showered, packed my lunch, and went to Folk Fest.

Sunday: Inventory, ran credit cards, packed lunch, went to Folk Fest.

No comments: