8.01.2009

Musikfest Day 1

We started the morning by setting up the booth. Typically I do this on Thursday but with K in Costa Rica and C in Puerto Rico, I had to wait for C to get home to help me. We went over around 10 am and it was nice and quiet, easily found our spot (Yay, I'm next to A!) and started set up. It wasn't that hot, less than 80 degrees, but VERY humid. I was dripping by the time we got done. Once we got the tent up, C concentrated on getting the tent tied down and I set up the product.

About Noon we left with just some signs to put up and a few things to bring from the shop. We went over to Dickey's BBQ for lunch..yummy, but by the time we got home we were both a little sick from the combination of the hot set up and then the food. Our bellies ached to say the least...

C did a bunch of stuff for work, I took a nap, and then a shower, and after packing the car with some last minute stuff, we headed back to the show, just as the rain started. We checked the weather and it looked like we were in for a long night of thunderstorms, but just a few hours later, the sun came out and the weather cleared. This was great because just this afternoon they were calling for hail and enough rain to possibly flood the creek in some areas. So I am sure some prayers were answered with the weather passing us by. BTW, thanks B for calling me and warning me about the weather possibility, I am humbled that you thought of me at fest:)

The night continued to be quiet, much quieter than a usual Friday at Musikfest. Sales were not brisk, but I saw many of my regular customers, and some new ones from Mayfair as well. Overall the night was pleasant and fun. I liked having the time to chat with people rather than having to hurry to the next customer and being able to point out new products and stuff.

I got a new sign from Isa, it just says "natural soap" but I think it may help with some confusion over if I have candles or not. From far away sometimes it is hard to tell, and now there is a sign, all anyone has to do is read it. Ironically, I was still asked at least three times if the soaps were natural- even with the sign, and my company name being A Natural Alternative. I like to think it is the copious amounts of beer at the fest, not the IQ of the general population at fault for these silly questions.

So overall, I can't let the first day of sales get me down. I will still have a great fest and with day 2 slated for some beautiful weather I think I am in for a busy day. They also put a new stage in near the handcrafts, it is acoustic, singer/songwriter sort of stuff. It is a nice interlude between the bell guy's performances and last night had some good stuff to listen to that drowned out the Polka from behind me. It is nice to actually be able to hear and enjoy some music at Musikfest for once!

No comments: