8.07.2009

Musikfest Day 7

Today K went and opened the booth for me so I didn't have to come in until 4is. I got a bunch of stuff done around the house and things cleaned up before C came home from his trip. I also ran to the bank for some change and got her some curry chicken for dinner:)

Today is more about the little things...

1) I LOVE having the new stage by the crafts section. I know for some crafters this means some music they need to talk over during the night, but for me and my booth placement, I love it. I think it draws a large crowd and dare I say it, a better (spending money) crowd as well. The music is in short sets with the bell guy doing his routine in between. So people seem to be listening, shopping, and then listening some more. It keeps people in the area more than other things have done in the past that have been down by us.

2) They fixed the light by my house. It used to be AWFUL at night. I'd come home tired and would literally sit for 5 minutes at a red light. I often put my car in park for fear that I would fall asleep and roll through the intersection. They must have fixed the timing because each night I only sit there for a few seconds before it changes to green and I get to go home!

3) The vibe at this year's fest s very positive and uplifting. I am not spiritually or emotionally tired this year at all. In previous years I have felt drained in all aspects, not just physically tired, but this year I have been getting such positive feed back and seeing so many repeat customers that it has been uplifting and is helping me find my groove again. This show has renewed my passion for being a soapmaker.

As for sales- I am right on target. If the weather holds out I may even surpass my goal, but I am not counting my chickens before they hatch just yet...

No comments: