8.03.2009

Musikfest Day 4

C had to get up at 4 am to get to the airport on time for his morning flight. I got to bed about midnight but kept waking up coughing. My throat has been dry a lot at night, I don't know if I need more water during the day or what, but it has been happening quite often lately. Anyway, he was sweet enough to tell me to go back to sleep and just woke me for a goodbye kiss before he left. I got up about 6 am and checked my e-mails and ran the credit card sales from the day before but was just tired so I went back to sleep until C called to tell me his plane was leaving.

I cooked some zucchini before I left and got packed up as well as paid some bills and answered some e-mails. The time in the morning before I leave passes so quickly, before I know it I am back at the show.

The mud is drying out and the area as a distinct "wet dog" smell. I brought the computer to do work but forgot the cord, so this will be short lived. The people are out and about, no one wants to shop this early in the day, hope they all come back later!

And they did come back! Sales were brisk and surprisingly good for a Monday. I am right on track to make the amount of money that I need/want to make for this show. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it even has the ability to beat last year, if the weather cooperates and if the the crowds stay large.

Last night K came over and surprised me. I didn't expect to see her so soon after getting back from her summer trip. I was really excited to have her and am glad that I will have some help this week while C is away.

I freaked out a customer, because I remembered that last year he bought an orange wash cloth. It is funny how some things just stick in my mind, like a sale, or a particular shirt or face, but I am terrible with names and hardly ever remember anyone's. I think it is great that my customers make an impression on me, I hope I make as much of an impression on them.

Onto Day 5- halfway done and soon some new vendors switch around. It will be interesting to see who comes and goes. I guess I could look it up in the show book, but it is more fun just to see what happens...

No comments: