8.17.2009

Mulhenberg Summer Festival Day 4

Well I wanted a busy day but didn't get it. It was hot, and slow, very slow. I almost did better on Wednesday with only 5 hours to the day rather than 10.

The people across from me insisted on playing the same two CD's the whole time. It was Willie Nelson- singing all kinds of stuff- including "Wind Beneath My Wings".. and the other was 20 different versions of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" which has now taken the place of "Roll Out The Barrel" in my head. Wonderful...

If I look at the show as an individual experience- for what I paid for it, I did OK. And Since I haven't been there in 4 years I did pretty good, and since I have done two other bigger shows in the same geographic region in just under a month, I didn't do too bad at all.

My problem is that it comes on the heels of Musikfest, and this show is so much slower. If I do a bigger show, say Philly Folk Fest, then my adrenaline stays up and I just keep on going like the Energizer Bunny. But this show is slow, so I get tired, and a little cranky too. And it feels like a let down. I mean, going to the bank yesterday helped, filling out the deposit slip felt good, but the hours at the show were excruciating at some points.

But depending on next year's schedule I may go back. It will also depend if K is around or not so she can pick up many of these hours as well. But I am exhausted and I can't wait for vacation to start later this week. But I have so much to do before then it is ridiculous.

No comments: