8.13.2009

Mulhenberg Hospital Summer Festival Day 2

Well, in the first two hours I made more sales than all of yesterday. That is a good thing.

I am also trying to strain to stay awake, because although I took a nap today, the music that my neighbor is playing is lulling me to sleep. I don't mind the music, I actually like it, it is just ballad after ballad. Zzzzz...

I am also resisting the urge to keep track of every dumb comment I hear tonight. There have already been a few winners.

Since this show is at a hospital it draws an interesting crowd. The usual you expect, doctors and nurses and administrative staff. Then it brings in people who are visiting loved ones and stop in to take in the festival. It also gets locals, because of the rides and games, lots of families. The Bingo brings in the seniors. It is one of the most diverse crowds I sell to to say the least.

I miss having K here. I would love to go play bingo. I am a bingo junkie and will play whenever I get the chance, which isn't that often to tell you the truth.

I am seaming together soap savers. I knit almost 50 during Musikfest but I hate seaming them so I am trying to bring 15 or so a day to get done. Then they need to be sent to my mom so she can make the ties, since I don't crochet.

I do love the fact that the hospital grounds are non-smoking. It is a nice change from all the cigar smoke at Musikfest for sure.

I am also taking this time to get a lot of stuff done. i have placed orders for supplies, researched some new packaging, and even started a new catalog. It is great that I can get Internet service here and that it is pretty stable service as well.

But that is all for now. I am getting cold. The crafters on each side of me put the sides of the tent up so they can get a breeze and it freezes me out. If I come back next year I am going to have to try and get a center spot- less breeze, but of course that means next year will be sweltering hot too. You just can't win.

No comments: