7.27.2009

More done and another show in the books...

Last week I made two new fragrances of soap- Chamomile and Bergamot. I don't think they will be ready for Musikfest with all this humidity but maybe for the last weekend if I am lucky and can crank up the dehumidifier in the workshop.

I also was a crafter at the WXPN XPoNential Music Festival down in Wiggins Park at the Camden Water front. Pros: good music, good volume of sales, nice organizer. Cons: windy, getting lost in Camden, individual sales were low $.

I was referred to this show a few years ago and am glad that I finally got to do it. I was really bummed that the Toby Keith concert at the other side of the marina was going on when the only band I really wanted to see- They Might Be Giants- was on.. so I din't really get to hear them play but a few songs.

The booth was right on the water and the wind certainly made things interesting. They came by and tied everyone down and provided additional weights for people who needed it. C did a great job when we set up and we needed no additional tie down, which was cool. At the end, a storm was comming so volunteers helped people tear down and pack to get us out before the rains came. If they got the stom we drove through on the way home, it would have been a nightmare to packup in that deluge.

There isn't many vendors, maybe 15 or so. I hope to be back next year, it was fun and could turn into a good show in a better economy. It is sort of expensive, but since I like the music it isn't all bad.

No comments: