5.01.2008

April 23, 2008- Merlefest Day 1- Travel

OK, So maybe not the wizard… but I am off to see new lands, experience new things, and hopefully sell some soap in the process…

The morning went well. I got the last of my pending orders out the door. I got the cats all taken care of- lots of food and water, plus dad will be home in a few days to restock them. I got my clothes packed and if I forgot anything I’ll just have to buy it when I get there.

Looks like I will be driving home alone. I need to drop C off in Durham for a business meeting. If I didn’t drop him off I would be literally dropping him at the Philly airport as we drove by it on the way home. So instead, Sun night we will go to Durham and Monday morning I will leave. I think I will be trying to make it a yarn crawl on the way home. I brought my map of yarn shops and the Garmin so it may just be fun to make a stop or two along the way.

Went to the Bethlehem book sale and came home with TONS of old knitting patterns as well as stuff for K- spinning books and books about wool. Also got my mom some sewing patterns too.

Around 2 we left, traffic was just fine for most of the trip, it was just at the end that we hit some construction, it took about 9 ½ hours to get to the hotel in Hickory. C remarked that he hoped that the attitude of the woman checking him wasn’t a sign of things to come. She was not nice at all.

No comments: