5.06.2008

April 29, 2008 Opening at Main Line Art Center

Tuesday was my day at the Main Line Art Center to help set up for the show and run the opening night reception. I got down there bright and early because I still had to set up my stuff and H’s wood things as well. I got everything inside and then got whisked away to help A pick up food and wine and place lawn signs out to try and drive traffic to the show. My wonderful committee members got everything checked in and set up beautifully for me and when I returned to the center I helped fold fliers, and do other set up tasks. The opening reception went well, not as busy as I expected it to be but still good all the same. I made it home about 10 pm, tired and ready for bed.

The show itself looked great. There were lots of new artists and the ones who have been around for a while really seemed to have new inspiration and invigoration in their work. For me the show seems to be showing down in sales. I think I may need to take a few shows off from exhibiting. With the price of gas, my many trips down and back are becoming less and less profitable.

No comments: