5.03.2008

April 26, 2008 Merlefest Day 4

So today it rains….close the booth, watch the water fill up to your ankles kind of rain. And the day was going so well…It was OK after the rain mostly sopped. It drizzled on and off till we left at 10 pm. I got sunburn on the back of my neck and on one arm- I look ridiculous! Finally breaking even on the show, so at least I can stop worrying about that. Dad called- couldn’t get the lawnmower started- stupid electric lawnmower! C noticed the areas finer architectural details- like why just about every property has some out building in such a state of disrepair that it should just be torn down… he made me laugh about that one.

It is hard to stay positive when you had such high hopes for a show. I find it depressing and it is hard for it not to set the tone for the upcoming season. So I hope I don’t seem to snarky or pessimistic, just need to get some things out of my head and onto paper so they stop banging around my brain. I want this blog to really show how I am feeling about things and how having your own business can be ups and downs. I think too many blogs seem all happy and fun- look at me I am a crafter- and I am more like- look at me I am a crafter and it can be harder than you think.

No comments: