5.04.2008

April 28, 2008 Merlefest Day 6-Trip Home

We started the morning dropping C off at the Raleigh Durham airport so he could rent a car for his stay in NC. Then I programmed the Garmin and headed out. It was a rainy, grey drive and in some parts it rained pretty hard. It took this odd way from Durham, into Virginia and the across the state to I-81. It may have been easier to drive I-95 but I despise the Baltimore, DC, and Philly areas of that trip, so since I was alone I decided to drive the way I like (and try to hit a few yarn stores along the way).

It got really foggy- especially where my trip brought me onto the Blue Ridge Parkway- with all the signs that say to avoid that road in the fog! And then onto (I think) 43 with the signs that it isn’t recommended for RV’s or trailers (yet another good reason not to get a camper or trailer)- personally I wouldn’t have recommended that road for any vehicle larger than an ATV. What a wild ride. I should probably have my breaks checked next time I go in for an oil change.

Finally hitting civilization (or at least a decent road) I used the book B bought me for Christmas and tracked down a few yarn stores in Virginia that I wanted to stop at. One was closed- for good, the other closed for the day, so I ended up hitting The Yarn Basket in Coopersburg, PA. It was an awesome store and I bought J some yarn for soap savers and myself some angora that was on sale half price.

The whole trip took me about 10 hours and I got home tired and hungry. I ate, rested, read the mail, and fell fast asleep….

No comments: