7.08.2007

Yarny Sunday

Happy Sunday! This is so often typically the day that if I don’t have a craft show, I sit and watch the NASCAR race and knit, knit, knit… but the race was on last night, and I woke up with a monster headache today (and not a drop of alcohol to blame for it either!), and when I do get this headache to go away C and need to start to empty the house so the floor refinisher can come next week and redo my 50 year old wood floors. Whoo Hoo!

So the knitting post will be short today….

Here is a link to my favorite yarn in the world. FUN WITH YARN. Michele is just a wonder. You must join her mailing list so you can learn when she updates her site, because her creations go fast. I used my birthday money from my mom, and some from my grammie, to buy myself enough to knit a sweater. I’d post pictures, but since it still needs to be blocked, right now it just looks like a rolled up mess. Hopefully my new blocking board will arrive soon and I can get it finished.

For all of you Harry Potter fans like myself, here is a link to buy CHARMED KNITS, patterns inspired by the books and movies. I can’t wait to add this to my shelves, even if it is just for the scarf; I love thick, warm, real scarves.

And finally a link to my next project…SOCKS. I had started a pair using a pattern that I wasn’t too happy with and have stopped knitting just a few inches in because I am dreading starting the second sock already. So after finding this I am ripping out what I have and starting again because this pattern seems much simpler and more like what I am looking for in a sock.

Of course I will start the socks after I finish B’s afghan (just needs to be put together), after I finish my knitted hedgehogs (they need to be stuffed, put together, and have their eyeballs sewn on), finish blocking and assembling my awesome sweater, and finish knitting, blocking, and assembling a vest that I am working on (and praying I don’t run out of yarn… it will be close).

Hopefully soon I can post pictures, we need a new digital camera and I think C will be getting one soon!

No comments: