7.02.2007

June 18-24, 2007 Week 25

It always seems that when C goes away for a few days I have this huge burst of energy to get things done You would think it would be the opposite, that I could let the house get dirty and only eat cereal for dinner, and hang in my PJ’s all day, but instead I work long days uninterrupted by cooking dinner or other household tasks.

Monday: I always start Mondays doing my chores- bills, blogging, laundry, etc…this week I also washed my table covers for my display, since next show I do starts the mayhem and I won’t have time again till late August. I worked in the shop unmolding soaps, cutting soaps, pouring soaps, milling soaps, putting soaps away, and making soaps. I also started labeling inventory for Out Of Our Hands since I finally received the organza bags I was waiting for.

Tuesday: The morning started with me taking C to the airport, he needed to go to Mexico for a few days. On the way back I stopped at the Post Office, I never check my box mail enough I think, although most of the times when I do, its empty, and only when I miss a week is there an order waiting~ more soap made, cut, milled, and labeled. I finished labeling the Out of Our Hands inventory, this will being them lots of stock and get them 99% of everything I make in stock as well. I started making lip glosses, I really want to get these done in the next few weeks. I ordered the almond oil in order to be able to finish the glosses~ what was cool was a place I order from used to do a “points” rebate and they discontinued the program, however, I still had enough final points to get a bunch of supplies for only $5. That was a nice surprise! And then I knit. I have been working on this great sweater and don’t have much left to finish it…

Wednesday: C still being in Mexico I worked long & hard yet again today. Mostly it was the usual: making soap, milling soap, cleaning molds, sending out orders, I poured a batch of Soap on a Rope but I mixed it too thick and it wouldn’t go into the molds- I hate it when I loose a batch like that. I ordered some more displays to use both at shows. The new ones I got earlier this year for lip balms and lotion bars seem to be working very well and sales of lotion bars even seem to be up. Sales of baths salts seem to be up as well. I think this is because they used to share a display with lotion bars and now that they are on their own they command more attention, thus bringing more sales. I spent the evening filling sachets. I have TONS of sachets to fill and it is one of my most unfavorite things to so. I just need to sit in front of the TV and do them, ick….

Thursday: I got a box of stuff out to my dad and ran errands: bank, grocery, post office, and delivered the inventory to Out of Our Hands. I ordered mold and tins for a project that I am researching- it’s a secret but it has to do with Lotion Bars…Then I relaxed and knit until I had to go pick up C from the airport. The plane was actually on time for once, pretty amazing…

Friday: Does it surprise you I made more soap? Cut soap, unmolded soap, cleaned soap molds and equipment, and in general just had a soapy day.

Saturday: I started the day going to a neighbors yard sale. Its sort of voyeuristic to see what they are getting rid of, but it also gave me a chance to meet a few more neighbors. I then worked on the garden for a while till C got up and we went to breakfast, Target, Best Buy, Wild Birds Unlimited, Harbor Freight Tools, Office Depot, Marshals, and Dan Schantz’s Greenhouse, as well as dropping some stuff off at charity. Then we stopped for dinner at Red Robin and then went to BJ’s before heading home. It was a good 9 hours of errands, whew; we were tired (and broke). Then when we got home I started laundry- washing the new bath towels we had just bought…

Sunday: I worked on accounting in the morning and then went to the grocery store before coming back and cleaning up the house. B & M came over in the afternoon so we could help them get plane tickets for their vacation. After that C had to pick up a coworker at the airport so I sat around, knitted more and watched the NASCAR race…

No comments: