7.20.2007

Recipe (or Tip) of the Week- Tembleque

This week’s tip/recipe of the week is going to be short, well, because I’m tired. I started out early this morning setting up for a craft show, then helped B a little set up too, then sat through a gruelingly boring show with few sales and little to do….oh woe is me….

So a recipe it is for one of my favorite desserts that I just don’t get often enough and that I really should make for myself and maybe I will next week…

Tembleque (Coconut Custard)

3 cups unsweetened canned coconut milk (or fresh if you can get it)
½ cup sugar
¼ cup cornstarch

Blend everything together with a blender. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to boil while constantly stirring. While still stirring, reduce the heat and simmer till the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 4-5 minutes.

Pour into custard cups, cover with plastic wrap (prevents skin from forming), refrigerate overnight (or 4 hours if you just can’t wait)

Enjoy!

No comments: