7.31.2007

July 28, 2007 Emmaus Heritage Days

Well I have to admit, it was a disappointment. Typically the days are held downtown by what locals call “The Triangle”, because well our “town square” isn’t square, it’s a triangle… Anyway…this year The Triangle is going through some major construction renovations forcing the heritage day’s vendors up onto Ridge Street near the library. Boring… no traffic…music you can’t hear from the booths, not many vendors, and a day that was just too many hours for what it was (10).

But the plus sides… I was with Out of Our Hands and helped promote the store, and in turn, didn’t have to pay my booth fee, so even with paying K to be with my sick self all day I turned a profit. If you look at it mathematically, it was my best show all year. (Booth Fee (had I paid it) * 6 = sales). So for what it is, a small community day, I got what I paid (or would have paid) for. If they move it back to The Triangle next year maybe I’ll try again…

Minuses… I was fighting a heck of a head and throat cold. Friday I spent the day drugged, asleep, in bed, at least Saturday I could talk, although I didn’t have too many people to talk to. I plugged the store, and my demo the next day. But it rained like crazy on Sunday, canceling the demo. Maybe I’ll hold a class in a few months instead. I think I bored K to death because it was sooooo slow. And it was HOT, I fried.

No comments: