7.25.2007

July 16-22 Week 29

This was a strange week indeed. J lost her grandmother’s husband (I know that translates to grandfather to most people) and I once again was brought face to face with a few things: 1) how inflexible my schedule is sometimes, and 2) how much I give up for work. It is a tough thing to go through the year being so flexible most of the time, but having a set craft show schedule keeps me from doing some things that I should do. Like going to the funeral, like going up and being with J’s mom and grandmother because she couldn’t be there. Those are things that I should have done, but I couldn’t, I had a show and I couldn’t get help, and I couldn’t not to the show. I know many other people who give up things too for their 40 hour a week job, but I always think that these are the reasons I work for myself and no matter what, I still have to give up some things.

Monday I did my usual routine (blogged, paid bills, post office, etc). I didn’t have to do laundry because I only have a few things to wear while the house is still in turmoil, so I have to keep doing laundry in order to stay dressed. I made soap on a rope, K labeled and shrink wrapped lip glosses, I made samplers, and later went to Target and Staples. I spent the morning arguing with my bank about security questions, what a hassle.

Tuesday K labeled the last of the glosses whule I make soap, made a special order of lotion, filled orders, did accounting, put together a gift basket for a friend of my dad’s, and did my Tuesday chores. Later I went to the bank, and then the grocery store to get things to make Bread & Butter Pickles, Zucchini Relish, and Squash Pickles, which I made later in the evening. I received a purchase of some new clothes which I tried on and sent back a bunch of stuff that either didn’t fit or was way ugly compared to the picture online.

Wednesday I did laundry, made soap, filed, K and I filled sachets for a few hours, and later that night I got my hair cut. J lost her grandfather and in a way since we were so close as kids, so did I. At least it brought back all the memories of loosing my grandfather almost 15 years ago. I wanted to be there but I couldn’t get there and back again in time for my show on Friday.

Thursday K and I packed the van full of inventory and ran to the bank for change. Later I went to the grocery store for lunch food for the weekend, stopped over at the post office, and later painted my toe nails bright purple. It was fun and its been a long time since I had fun toes.

Friday In the morning I did my chores and then finished packing for the show. I also sent in all my sales tax for what is starting to feel like a bazillion states. It takes forever! C came with me and helped me set up the tent and then I helped B set up a little and then the show started. By the time I got home I was just so tired I curled up, turned on the TV and went to sleep.

Saturday: The show started in the late morning so I got to run some errands and do some chores before I left. I gardened, ran my credit card purchases from the day before, packed my lunch, etc...before finally heading out. The show ended at 8 and once again, I pretty much came home and went to bed.

Sunday: another late morning start, but I slept a little later too. I ran my credit card purchases, packed my lunch, and blogged before heading out. C didn’t get called into work so he did stuff around the house and then came over to the show to help me pack up. When I arrived home I had the greatest surprise- my bed was back in the bedroom where it belonged! I got the best sleep ever!

No comments: