7.19.2007

Links of the Week

First up this week is Pick The Brain. Like most self-help web sites, it does nothing more than point out things to you that you know already, but that you choose to ignore. So think of this site as a gentle reminder about things you should be doing to lead a productive life and maybe you may learn a few tips along the way. I like its lack of “follow this and your life will be perfect” jargon.

Next is a site sent in by one of my readers: Chacodog. Angela, who sent it to me said “As you know, not only is it a great source for Traditional Revival style Native American jewelry and pottery, it’s very informative about the artists, silversmithing and, of course, turquoise…”. I have to admit, I have contacted Jim myself about some hard to find pieces that he is keeping his eye out for if they ever come up. And although I have never purchased from the site myself, I totally respect Angela and when she says “He’s a super nice guy and not only great to do business with, but a good friend too”, then a friend of hers is a friend of mine and deserves a little plug whenever he can get it…

Third is Dandy Brand. I just think these pins are adorable, and since B collects Owls, who knows, maybe I see a Christmas present in the future….

And last for this week (since I don’t want to bore you too much) is Every Day People Cartoons. These just make me laugh and laugh, and are often poignant at the same time. This one is one of my favorites and since I have been going through a bit of a hard time about how I am changing and ageing right now, it sits prominently in my mind, every time I look in the mirror.

No comments: