7.26.2007

Links of the Week

So I hope you enjoy my links for the week, they really are a quite eccentric bunch today.

So first up is some Poetry. Edna St. Vincent Millay has always been one of my favorites and What Lips My Lips Have Kissed…I memorized in high school and can still recite it to this day (along with a bit of Chaucer I was forced to recite in college.) So when I stumbled upon this, I just had to share.

The second link is for two completely different reasons. First, it is a goal of mine to learn some Spanish this year (it was last year too, and will be again next year). It has more to do with the fact that it is C’s first language, and most of his family is more comfortable speaking Spanish than English, than the fact that it is being spoken here in the States more and more lately. I really don’t want to talk to anyone but family…So here are some great places to get some lessons and tips for free. Now what’s the second reason, because I think Mahalo is a cool search engine. It is human powered, with Guides filtering out spam. If it works and gets out of Alpha phase it may be a great search engine!

Maybe it is just because I make soap and I often trade it for other handcrafted goods that I use for gifts, therefore I have lots of odd shaped gifts to give, but I can never wrap them in a cool way that enhances the gift itself. So now that I found Wrap Art I have ideas on how to wrap everything.

And finally, what soapmaker doesn’t love a huge Rubber Ducky?
Enjoy

1 comment:

Paquito said...

Well, good luck with the spanish courses (and be patient: that's the secret to learn a language :-)).

Kind regards from Spain :-)

Paquito
http://paquito4ever.blogspot.com