7.31.2007

July 23-29, 2007 Week 30

Monday: It was the usual, pay bills, run credit cards, do inventory, input the mailing list additions, and go to the bank to make a deposit. But I also had a ton of orders that came in on Sunday and Monday, so I had to get those filled and mailed, I mean it was an unusual amount of orders for two days, but I’m not complaining. I also ran to the grocery and picked up some dill so I could make dill pickles, which I did, and they are way to dilly for me. I also harvested my first big crop of green peppers from the garden and got them cleaned and chopped and frozen for future use. That is one thing about me gardening; the harvest starts when I eat the least- craft show summer season. So I am learning lots of preservation techniques, such as pickling and freezing. As for the business, I also did some dishes, washing soap pots, and doing a bunch of filing, but that’s it!

Tuesday: Chores, Chores, Chores. Poured some Soap on a Rope (only a few more batches left), filled sachets, milled soaps, and did some major accounting catch up.

Wednesday: I caught up on my blogs (4 days worth!), filled sachet bags (almost done now), milled more, and mailed a few more orders. Busy week…and that day my throat felt scratchy and dry, but I just thought I was talking too much…

Thursday: Blogged and then met with B for our bi-monthly kick each other in the butt meeting that we call UWBW (United Wonderful Business Women). But I was coming down with a cold for sure. I couldn’t swallow very well, and my head was full of, well, snot, for lack of a better term. We got lunch, and met, and then when she left, I slept, and slept, and then slept some more…

Friday: The morning was full of chores, and along with them I printed flyers for the show, did some laundry, and blogged. K came and we packed the van for the show. I wanted to do more, but my body just wouldn’t let me. We drove around getting me medicine and stopping to check inventory at Out of Our Hands, waiting for a local place to open for lunch, that didn’t open that day. And then, after she left, well I slept.

Saturday was Emmaus Heritage Days. I finished packing the van, and my lunch, folder flyers, jumped in a shower and then C came with me to help me set up. The rest is in another post.

Sunday: I got up and printed handouts for my demo and started gardening until the rain came down hard. I prepped for the demo anyway and then ran to the grocery to get what I needed for the demo. I forgot to get avocados and realized it when it was too late and stopped at another store to pick them up. I then went over to Out Of Our Hands and it was just pouring so they cancelled them demo. I went across the street to the Farmer’s Market and got great plums, eggplant, and wax beans, along with some blackberries, and edamame. After I got home, about an hour later, the rain stopped and the sun came out (sort of) but it was too late to do the demo. So really I just stayed home, still a little sick.

1 comment:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Wild wave from Michigan, which isn't cold right now but sweltering hot. Lucky Lake Huron is close by.

How cool that you make soap!!! I have told my hubby I'd love for him to make some, but he hasn't done it yet. LOL My hands are shot for stuff like that.

JJ