8.22.2005

Week 33 Accomplishments

On Monday I brought dad to the doctor for the follow up on his surgery. Doc gave him the thumbs up to start exercising and driving and all of that general good stuff. He's been feeling great and it doesn't even hurt when he sneezes anymore. He's got another follow up in a few weeks, where they should give him permission to return to work.

Tuesday I went to the UWBW meeting. With Musikfest in the middle it really felt as though I hadn't had time to prepare anything for the meeting. But it was still nice to get together my the ladies and make a plan for the next few weeks. Tuesday night dad and I went and set up the booth at the Mulhenberg Summer Festival.

Wednesday I spent the day trying to catch up on paperwork. I sent samplers out to four different stores that had inquired about wholesale purchases during Musikfest. I heard back from one who for now shall remain nameless, but they said they'd be placing an order in September. Once they purchase I'll be adding them to the list and promoting them like crazy since they're real close to my house. Another needs to meet with me because it is a museum and I need to change some packaging to fit their needs at the museum gift shops. I think I can handle their needs, so I hope that one turns out as well. I'm not sure about the other two, but we'll see. Went to the festival at night (day 1)

Thursday I shopped for cars… yep a car. C and dad had been talking about how I am in the need of a bigger vehicle that is easier for me to load and unload. Right now I have to duck walk into the back of the pickup and I bang either my head or my back every time. I looked at Town and Country's with the stow-and-go seats. That way I have the maximum amount of room in the back, and I can store stuff for long periods without ruining the seats by having all that weight on them. Went to the festival at night (day 2)

Friday more catch up here at the house. Festival at night (day 3). C came home from his business trip.

Saturday was Festival day 4. C and dad went to the local car dealership and picked out a car. Its white, with the stow-and-go seats, the doors are all automatic, and it has an awesome moon roof. Have to go pick it up on Monday.

Sunday was detox day. I had been taking Advil Allergy and Sinus relentlessly since the beginning of Musikfest. I felt as though my body had turned into a raisin. So Sunday was left to drink lost of water, let my body sneeze all it wanted to, and nap through the NASCAR race, only to go to bed early anyway. In between I finished off a pint of Ben and Jerry's and thoroughly enjoyed myself doing it.

No comments: