8.15.2005

Musikfest Day 10

The rain that I had been praying for the last few days finally came, at the worst time. About 9:30 it started and because of the heat, it has been those last few precious hours that have actually been the most profitable. Instead I sat there watching the rain, hoping that someone would come by and officially let us pack up and go home. Instead I watched many of the other vendors walk their wares to their cars as they packed up anyway. Instead, when I did pack up I still had to wait until after 11 pm to being my vehicle in to load, for safety reasons, although all it would have taken is one police officer and a few volunteers to clear out a path for us all, because it was so empty of festival goers. Instead when I did pull my car in, the load out was still a mess because there is no one directing traffic and people decided to pull in their big trailers and block the way for everyone else. Side note: they should ask what people drive, and if it is a trailer they should be situated in a place where it is much easier to get in and out of, instead if the cul-de-sac at the end of the platz

We got home about midnight (which is much earlier than pervious years because of the rain), and I got a few hours sleep before bringing C to the airport, then I came back home and slept some more. I have a huge list of things to do today, as I have another show to set up for on Tuesday. And I just want to go back to sleep…

No comments: