8.12.2005

Musikfest Day 7

All I can say is that I am getting just plain tired. It's really a long show and having to get there around 11 am to set up and leave at 11 pm makes for some long days. Add laundry and other household chores as well as other things that need to get done, like packing more inventory, doing some bookkeeping, and keeping up with mail and internet orders that come in, and this show just wipes me out. I wish my allergies would quit it too. Its really dusty down by my booth and hot, running a fan just stirs up all the dust and I spend the day sneezing and wheezing, unless I take allergy medicine, that makes me thirsty, and then I drink lots of water, and then I need to use the facilities…. it’s a Catch 22.

One of my favorite things about this show is the fact that vendors get to use the indoor facilities. Its so nice not to have to use portables and have a real place to wash your hands and face. I do notice the line is longer now. Club Musikfesters, volunteers, and some others get to use the same facilities and I think with the fact that the air conditioned potties aren't available this year, everyone heads down to the indoor ones near me instead of using the dreaded portables. I also wonder why the close at 9 pm and not lets say 10:30. I have to time my last trip to be sure that they're not closed.

I also love the volunteers. Sometimes I think the poor volunteers are under appreciated. It’s a long show and they have lots of booths to sit and they can't be everywhere at once. Still I think that at certain times (like near when the potties close) having a few extras would help us out a lot. I love being able to take the time to get some lunch without having to bug a neighbor to watch my stuff, or having to worry about things being broken or stolen. So many sows I do have no volunteers or artist support. This is such along show and it is so much more enjoyable because of the volunteers.

No comments: