8.07.2005

Musikfest Day 2

Day 2's sales were down from last year (see my rant in another post) but were steady. The day was a big ego trip with complements like "you are a goddess" and " we are obsessed with your soap" being just a few mind warping comments that C got to overhear. So what I didn't make in money, I made in self-esteem, which sometimes is better.

Really the day went well. I kept being overwhelmed by my inability to understand women who come to the festival in heals where they spend a good deal amount of time walking on grass. And what is with these flip-flops with heals? Everyone looks like they are struggling just to keep them on their feet, and I witnessed a few potential ankle busting trips.

Like last year, I think that the traffic flow through Handwerksplatz leave something to be desired, and overall I saw few bags being carried, which shows the lack of purchases, anywhere. And why, when the jury and accept vendors in May, is it just a few days before the show starts before they list us on their web site. And why can't they put up link to our web sites like they do at Chriskindlemarkt? And what's with the parking situation? We have a permit for a lot, which is really just the shoulder of the road, that isn't monitored, so its always full of festival goers who shouldn't be parking there, instead of vendors with permits. Sure the city will make $25 a car because of the parking ticket, but how hard is it to put out a volunteer, or to find another lot, or to close the darn road and make it a parking lot.

Today it is raining…hmmmm….

No comments: