8.28.2005

Philadelphia Folk Festival- Day 2

I'm tired, I'm oh, oh so tired…The last two days have been long, the sleep short and (whoops, feel asleep typing) I just can't say all the things in my head about the day. Looks like I'll be adding to this post later. Hope I get to sleep in the car on the way down.

No sleep on the way there, but here is the scoop from day 2:

Every show has a glitch and this one finally had its glitch. When we arrived on Thursday we followed a set of directions provided to us, we followed those same directions on Friday morning. On Saturday we learned that the road we had been using, had been changed to a one-way road (in the opposite direction from that which we wished to travel). So instead of allowing us to travel the 500 feet up the road in the wrong direction, we were turned back, and made to travel a 15-minute loop around to our parking lot entrance. Now that in itself didn't really bother me. It was a pain, but thems the rules. It was learning that our parking lot was closed when we arrived that got C a tad bit angry. It was closed because of a parking debacle that needed to be fixed with a few tow trucks and they needed lots of maneuvering room for said trucks. The kicker was, that we were forced to park, 500 or so feet down the road- where we were just turned back from essentially. We also learned that evening that there was a short cut through the woods that would bring us to the field we parked in, but when we had asked the attendants that morning if such a short cut existed, no one knew of one, so we had to take the long way around and up over a bridge to get to our parking lot, and then to our booth.

But the day itself went extremely well. There were some showers on and off, but no lightning, wind, or thunder. Sales were brisk and at the end of the day I was quite happy. I had been told a few times that sales were best on Sunday, with often ½ the shows total sales occurring on Sunday. So I have a lot to look forward to. I also negotiated a few trades with some other vendors for some jewelry and some t-shirts, this along with Fridays trade for some pottery means I'll be making out quite well in the barter department.

No comments: