7.25.2011

WXPN Festival Day 3

If there is a god of crafts, she is a trickster god (eta: In mythology, and in the study of folklore and religion, a trickster is a god, goddess, spirit, man, woman, or anthropomorphic animal who plays tricks or otherwise disobeys normal rules and conventional behavior) because only she would be sure that after three days in an oven, I would still have to pack and bring home a wet tent.

It rained about 1/2 hour before break down. Fun. At least it stopped before we had to load the van.

Sunday's sales were almost the same as Friday and Saturday combined. It was still hot, and I think more humid. Personally, I think two days in the heat was making us feel it more, but I found Sunday to be more uncomfortable than Saturday. Especially after it tried to rain the first time. That just made it more humid and sticky. I had trouble knitting for the first time all weekend because my hands were sweating that much.

Really this heat wave is the summer equivalent of a blizzard. There is nothing you can do about it and barely anyone goes out in it. I was lucky to have a chance to make some money and to make some customers happy.

The WXPN Festival itself was wonderful. We were checked on quite a bit, they made sure we had water, they warned us before wind and rain, and the show was bad by no fault of theirs. The music was great, there was plenty of promotion of the show. They did everything they could do right. They made load in and out as easy as possible, provided cold water and juices, and provided general moral support. This heat wave was an Act of God and nothing they could have done would have prevented it, or made it any better than it was. I don't want anyone to think I don't like the show or how it was run. I love the show, I just hated the weather.

But I am home and unpacked, getting ready to make soap and to catch up on sending out orders and doing paperwork. A good night's sleep is all I need to be back to my normal, perky self :)

No comments: