7.24.2011

WXPN Festival Day 2

OMG... This was they most uncomfortable day at a craft show EVER. In 11 years I have never been so miserable to sit at a show. We got there a little before 12 noon and it was already in the 90's and by 3 it was registering as 102 with a heat index of 106. Add to that the booth is on concrete, so the heat just reflects back at you, there is no shade at the back of the tent, there is this huge wooden bench in the space which makes sitting anywhere the most uncomfortable experience, and the breeze was slim to none for most of the day.

My neighbor brought his generator, so the wonderful silence I had on Friday between the uber loud musical acts was replaced by the drone of a generator, so now I can't enjoy hearing the main stage acts anymore. Now I know why they don't usually allow them, the whole place would be screaming with generator noise. He offered us a fan, but we knew all it would do is blow hot air, and honestly I hoped he would get that fact and turn the damn generator off.

All I can say is that the customers I had made it worth it. I have made my booth fee back, so the weekend is not a financial loss. The number of people who told me that they were hoping I was here so they could get more stuff was overwhelming. I made some new friends, saw some old ones, and loved that fact that I had time to chat and connect with people, that is a blessing of a slow show, lots of time to talk to everyone.

No comments: