7.13.2011

Running Again- Couch to 5 k week 3 day 1

So just before Kutztown I started week three of the program and I did pretty well.

Then there was 11 days without exercise, OK, maybe 12...13???

So now that I am back with my more regular schedule, I am back to running again. Yesterday I warmed up by just walking the route. It's pretty difficult to just walk fast, so I am kinda proud that I can run any of it.

I knew I wouldn't be as good as I was last time because of all the time off, but considering that, and my crazy allergies and stuffy nose, I think I did OK today. Certainly good enough not to feel like I have to start back at week 2.

Interval 1: 90 sec... ran it all, The post nasal drip was extremely annoying, and all the mouth breathing really tired me out fast.

Interval 2: 3 minutes: ran 2 minutes, walked the rest. Chest was burning by now and the pain between my shoulder blades was telling me to stop running or pass out.

Interval 3: 90 sec...ran 75 seconds. Started up the dreaded hill and just gave up.

Interval 4: 3 minutes... walked it all.

Now I am home, my nose won't stop running and the sneezing is constant. The pollen forecast for today is low, so either there is something that bothers me, and no one else, or it is all environmental: smog, dust particles, humidity, or a combination thereof. I bought a decongestant yesterday. Not sure if I need that or an antihistamine. Also started using my neti pot again and my saline breather. These things usually get me through the worst of my summer allergies.

I run again Friday-- goal: finish the first three intervals...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

wtg! siummer is rough for sticking to anything! program, diet...hard to make it
wo even more wtg on you
i started week 5 over because of several several days off and now just had another week off and by the time ill be around enough to start back, it will have been 14 days... :P
looks like week 5 will be done over again. if not week 4!
keep uup the great work, girl!