7.08.2011

Kutztown Folk Festival- Day 6

Well it rained some today, but not for very long, less than an hour total. Luckily it rained in the right direction, so there was no wind driven rain into the stand. Supposed to rain more today, oh well, I hope that the wind direction is in my favor again.

I am sad. I am sad to say that I have heard a rumor that a church that has been at the festival for over 50 years and runs a food concession as a fundraiser may be leaving after this year because their pastor does not support the effort. He says there is easier ways to raise money. All I can say is yes, their may be easier ways, but maybe not better ways. The community outreach is priceless. If I am supposed to keep God out of my politics, then keep politics away from my God. Enough said.

Sold soap to a young woman visiting from Germany. She flies back today, and the soap goes with her. Hope she has a good flight and a happy reunion with her family she hasn't seen in six weeks.

I am amazed by the diversity of people who attend this show. I honestly expected a PA Dutch Fest to be very white bread America, but I see people of all ethnicity and races, from many countries, and tons of different states. It is great to see so many people interested in PA Dutch history and folklife.

Three more days left. I am not overly tired physically, but I am ready to move on. I get kinda bored after five days. I could never own a retail location as seeing the same four walls would get boring fast.

No comments: